free website stats program Rejet without additional mods | Harley Davidson Forums

Rejet without additional mods

jeepin

I'm thinking if I rejet following the tutorials, without the pipes or intake, I found in self-help it will run too rich, I'm just looking for confirmation.

2005 1200C with no mods at all.

I plan on cycle shack slipons and a K&N intake. I haven't decided on the open cone or the stock cover kit, but I guess thats another topic.

Opinions, send it.

You can go ONE jet size bigger on the low jet but I would wait for the additions and do it only once then.

It will run cooler and probably a little better overall. Having said that, you cant get crazy with your jetting. You may just try opening up your mixture screw as it sets first.

Bodeen

I had planned on following this ... ok well it won't let me post the link, but I searched for Sportster CV Carb Rejetting.
placed the 2 washers in etc....
#46 low and I wasn't quite sure on the main yet.....

With no mods, I would leave the main alone for now. If you go up on the main like it sits you will have a rich bike IMO. Are you having issues with the way the bike runs beyond 1/4-3/8 throttle? If not, leave the main alone.

Bodeen

The only issues I'm having is running very hot and popping/sputtering on decel. From what I understand that's the low jet and mixture, right?

I guess ill just gather parts until I do it all at once . Breather, jets, exhuast

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Over the years I've found that "changing one thing" doesn't really give people the results they seek.

I also had a heat problem, and it took a download, mufflers and a new air cleaner.

I knew a lot of guys who put huge motors in bikes, only to learn that their suspensions hopped all over the place and standard brakes were the last thing to cheap-out with.

Change one thing and all other parts react.

If the current slow jet is a 42 and the bike is a bit weak on the mixture going up a size may help it but i would be looking at a 44 or 45 at the most
As the slow jet is in operation all the time it would richen the mixture a wee bit throughout the rev range

Brian

Fin has got you covered. I would still try a turn on the adjustment screw first. No more than three turns out from lightly seated. You got nothing to lose to try it. First just turn it all the way in and keep track of the turns until it is lightly seated. Write that number down and you can always get back to where you started.

Fin has got you covered. I would still try a turn on the adjustment screw first. No more than three turns out from lightly seated. You got nothing to lose to try it. First just turn it all the way in and keep track of the turns until it is lightly seated. Write that number down and you can always get back to where you started.

Good point here believe it or not these screws will vibrate out if turned out too far:s

Back