free website stats program Reinhardt Slip-On vs. V&H Monster Oval | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Reinhardt Slip-On vs. V&H Monster Oval

IMO - Reinhardts are the way to go. They have a nice note at both idle and highway speeds and are only really loud when you crank on the throttle. I have them on my '05 RK and will be putting them on my '09 SG next week.

Question, after the pipes have been on for a while, has anyone had to replace a baffle? or is the muffler a complete assembly? Unfortunately, I am running straight "Drag Pipes" and prefer a removable baffle when I want to go to say, Yosemite National Park ... Opps "Another question"...Is there a "bolt-on" Spark Arrester kit available that anyone knows of, just in case?:25:

You can get baffles for your drag pipes if you want and you can put them in or take them out as you please. Your bike will run better with even a little baffle in it. What do yu want a spark arrestor for?

You can get baffles for your drag pipes if you want and you can put them in or take them out as you please. Your bike will run better with even a little baffle in it. What do yu want a spark arrestor for?

Just a thought after some Ranger' stopped some of my friends riding motorcycles on fireroad and were asked them to leave because they did not have an approved "spark arrester" (even though they had stock muffler setup). :(

Rinehart & Monster Ovals have two different sounds. You can go to U TUBE and listen to them, but I think you get the best sound out of Rinehart. Just my opinion. You ride the bike bike so it's what you like best.

Monster ovals, heard from the cockpit:

I watched your video and like the sound of the Monster Ovals. I'm curious about the mounting bracket, a Vance and Hines rep told me it is offset from center. It would have to be to fit my bike. Just wanted to confirm before I buy. I'm already running a high flow system, I assume you changed to a highflow aircleaner and a new Map, is that right? Thanks, Sam

I have an '07 UC with V&h true dual head pipes, Reinhart Slip-ons, sert, and stage1 air cleaner installed. Started with the SE slip-ons but they turned yellow so I got the Reinharts. They are loud if you get on them but the sound at idle and cruising speeds is orgasmic IMHO. I can hear my radio fine and I can only hear from one ear. The Monster Ovals do sound good but not worth changing out the Reinharts and especially for the price. Given a choice new I would probably pic the Monsters only because the local noise regulations have become retarded. I live near Denver. I will not change my existing Reinharts though.

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder then the "perfect" sound must be in the ear of the listener. Personal opinions or computer sound clips are a great place to start and this forum has some great advice. I also believe that there are a few " Guru / Yoda's" on this forum, such as Glider and Hobbit that I have come to trust with their advise and answers to the performance changes and technical aspects of the various Stage 1 options. But ACTUAL SOUND is soooooo personal and to make a fully educated decision, IMHO, you really need to physically hear the set-up you are leaning towards. Your local HOG chapter, local dealer, poker run, ralley, etc, is a great place to start. In a perfect world it would be best to hear the set-up at idle, highway cruise, fully loaded, etc. It would also be great to hear the sound while riding another bike that is behind, along side and in front. Also nice to stand on the road and listen as the bike passes by.

Another think I want to mention is that I’ve heard a few varying opinions on Rineharts in this thread. Most of them do not clarify if they are talking about Slip-on’s or True Duals. These are two completely different sounds IMHO and the TD’s, too me, are much louder than the slip ons.

Heck, maybe we can use this forum as a tool to help prospective exhaust buyers to meet. For example, I live just north of Seattle and would be happy to let someone listen to my 08 Ultra with Rinehart TD’s, (quiet baffles) Arlen Ness Big Sucker & PC3.

Here's another opinion. I'm not a "loud pipes" guy at all. I love the rumble of a Harley at idle but I wince when folks crank the throttle open and set off neighborhood car alarms. I absolutely fell in love with the Monster Oval slip ons at the V&H booth of Biketoberfest this weekend. Like others have said, great sound at idle, slightly louder as you roll on the throttle but no "bark" at all.

Back