free website stats program Reinhardt Slip-On vs. V&H Monster Oval | Harley Davidson Forums

Reinhardt Slip-On vs. V&H Monster Oval

Sharky1948

I'm wrestling with which slip-on to put on my '09 RK (when it arrives...) I've heard the V&H Monster Oval sound clip on their website and really like it's low end rumble.

Interested in others' opinions.

Thanks.

I'm with you...they sound awesome.

It's between those and the Reinhardts for my '09 SG thats coming in next week! I have the Reinhardts on my '05 RK.

used to have V&H ovals with V&H true duals on my 06 SG. Changed them to monster ovals a couple of months ago. No comparison. Real deep sound with no bark. IMO better sounding than RH.

I have the monster ovals on my UC with true duals which makes it a louder sound. And I would not and will not change a thing about them. The sound is amazing. It feels like the ground is shaking without going deaf. ENJOY

Smitty

Thanks for your opinion. I am wrestling as well and need to make a decision soon. Since I am having Stage 1 done this winter.

2009 street glide, I have installed 3 sets of pipes in the las 30 days. First, the Rineharts, I had them on for one day, the first thing I noticed is I lost my bottom end torqe, the sound was good...loud... and made my radio useless. at this point I had the stock air cleaner and had NOT had a flash done.
Next I tried the new screemin eagle slip on tour mufflers, at this time I also added the stage one air cleaner kit and had the flash done by the dealer to richen up the motor and raise the rev limiter, the sound and growl is only slightly louder than stock. Then I bought the vance and hines monster ovals, these pipe are incredible! the sound is hard to describe...they have a VERY low mono tone, there is not a hint of raspyness, the loundness of the pipes is...well just right. This may just be me but these slip ons provide more low end torque, I had to slow down to 50 mph on the highway and stayed in 6th gear, hit the gas and she pulled strong back up to 70mph. I would have down shifted with all the other pipes. all I can say is I LUV EM!

Pipes are such a matter of opinion. Decisions Decisions!!!!!!

Question, after the pipes have been on for a while, has anyone had to replace a baffle? or is the muffler a complete assembly? Unfortunately, I am running straight "Drag Pipes" and prefer a removable baffle when I want to go to say, Yosemite National Park ... Opps "Another question"...Is there a "bolt-on" Spark Arrester kit available that anyone knows of, just in case?:25:

Last edited:
I thought that I read in another thread that the Rineharts are not as loud at highway speeds, and didn't interfere with the radio volume. The VH's were apparently too loud at highway speeds. This thread is leading me to believe the opposite.

I want a nice, low, throaty sound that is not obnoxious, and not so loud at highway speeds that it interferes with the radio. Opinions/recommendations???

Back