free website stats program regulator question | Harley Davidson Forums

regulator question

hello all, my new question is this, if you have a generator with a regulator on the end of it. do you still have to run a voltage regulator?

Why would you need an additional regulator?

The regulator on the end of the generator should handle the charging load.

If I remember correctly, the stock big regulator mounted to the engine boss just forward of the distributor.

Tbones, the reg .I was refering to was the solid state ones with the ally finned body, forget who made em, but had one on my pan for 14 years with out any problems. But I also had a police 3 brush generator, that I rebuilt once.

didnt think it needed 2 regs but i am taking off the generator end to see what it is , it might just be a end plate. there was however just one wire from the a side connected.the old reg was taken apart and made into some sort of fuse box.hmmm anyways thanks to you all. ill be back later with most likely more question.

didnt think it needed 2 regs but i am taking off the generator end to see what it is , it might just be a end plate. there was however just one wire from the a side connected.the old reg was taken apart and made into some sort of fuse box.hmmm anyways thanks to you all. ill be back later with most likely more question.

Polarizing A Generator - Harley Davidson Community each time you disconnect a battery or generator

There it is, thanks Jack , it was driving me nuts trying to remember the name of the reglator I had. A Franks.....:newsmile108:

There it is, thanks Jack , it was driving me nuts trying to remember the name of the reglator I had. A Franks.....:newsmile108:

My pleasure, a lot of folks do not know this about Generators:s

Back