free website stats program Regulator plug trouble | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Regulator plug trouble

Thanks Glider!

I looked for that exact thing but couldn't find it for some reason.

I've done some wrenching but that looks a bit too involved for my skillset.

I think the shop time will be a bit more then I anticipated! :5:

All the topics are categorized like the stator being electric by nature is in the electrical section. Real easy to find things if you think what category it falls into and look there.:D

I wasn't paying attention and didn't see the additional pages!:small3d023:

I just pulled a rifle out of the safe and sold it to fund the project. It's a bit much for me so off to the shop!

Thanks to all for the help and support, what a great place!:cheers

... that's about $300 (give or take depending on where I get them) in parts. Shop time I'm guessing (don't know about the stator replacement) about 2 hrs?

I think that may be a bit low. I think the VR and Stator will run over $250. A high quality battery will be about $125. If you get the Dealership to do all this, you are probably doubling all that in total cost. And no guarantee on what you will need to check on after you get the bike back. I suggest getting the HD Factory Service Manual covering your bike model and year, and then reading up on doing the job yourself. Not hard to do, but will take you some time since you have to pull the compensator, clutch basket and primary chain to get at the rotor and stator. The VR is not a big deal, just threading the wires to their connection points. Battery - no problem!! (BTW - get a battery tender while you are at it!).

TQ

Thanks TQ!

I'm going to run it by my local shop to see what they can do. I don't have a shop to work in or the time. If I had a decent place to do it and a lift, I might attempt it.

I have a tender but since I've been riding it regularly I hadn't been hooking it up.

I have a tender but since I've been riding it regularly I hadn't been hooking it up.

Good luck. On the tender deal, I ride my bike to work every day (weather permitting), but hook up my tender as soon as I pull in the garage. Keeps the battery in top charging condition which I think is the best thing for this type of battery (I am running an Odyssey PC 925LMJ dry cell).

TQ

Mine did the same thing so what i did was pull up the wires on the block and put to wire connectors on them and cut the plug off the reg i figured it to be a tempory fix put that was a little over a year ago and it still works ,jel

New stator, regulator and battery installed for under $400!

Back on the road! Thanks Dean Mason! (Mason's custom cycles)

Good deal Clint, glad they got everything sorted...sometimes it pays just to bite the bullet and "--git 'er done" you can save money elesewhere doing more "routine" maintenance yourself, specially if resources are limited.

Back