free website stats program regulator differences | Harley Davidson Forums

regulator differences

largecar91

I have a 03 Ultra. Charging system went out this past weekend. Stator and reg. shot. My regulator is a HD#74505-02( I am told it's 45 amp) and is supposed to fit 02/03. I have a chance to buy a HD# 74505-04 which is for a 04/05 at a very good price. Can anyone tell me the differences between them. I think that the wires to the battery has a plug on it on the 04/05 and mine does not. Is the plug for the stator the same? Thanks

I have a 03 Ultra. Charging system went out this past weekend. Stator and reg. shot. My regulator is a HD#74505-02( I am told it's 45 amp) and is supposed to fit 02/03. I have a chance to buy a HD# 74505-04 which is for a 04/05 at a very good price. Can anyone tell me the differences between them. I think that the wires to the battery has a plug on it on the 04/05 and mine does not. Is the plug for the stator the same? Thanks

Dont know if the wire is the same, but the regulator wires run to the battery The service dept at your dealer should be able to tell you if the Stator plugs are the same

Back