Reflectors remove or not ?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by speedcheck, Feb 23, 2010.

1. speedcheck

speedcheck New Member

Should I remove the reflectors on the front sliders and rear struts.. 09 Night Train.

How much of a safety factor do you think it is if I go -ahead and remove them.

What's the best method of removal ?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

2. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

Personal choice, but I like anything that make my ride safer. I dont think that they look that bad anyway.

3. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

The government says they must be on at point of manufacture, first thing I do when I get a bike is take them off, didn't like them on my schwinn bike when I was a kid ether, A hair dryer or heat gun on a light setting will soften the glue and you just peel them off. But I don't wear a helmet and I ride sporty's side saddle so you might wait and see what others think about the safty issue.

4. moondog5150

moondog5150 Member

i used thin fish'n line slide behind the reflector cut thru the tape.any residue left on surface goo b gone will take off, wd 40 works also. bike looks better without. my opinion.

5. glyd-n

glyd-n Junior Member

Remove 'em! The bike looks so much better without them. I removed them off the forks with a small screwdriver. You have to be careful not to scratch the forks.

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Side saddle...that is an interesting way to pilot a bike Chop...thnk you were talking 'bout your "beautiful woman" out back...:lolrolling

7. harleypr

harleypr Account Removed

I would remove them. In the past I have used a heat gun and dental floss.

8. KingHeritage

KingHeritage Junior Member

When you upgrade to chrome lowers like I did there are no reflectors.

9. Mainah

Mainah Junior Member

Here, a thought. If you want the clean look but still have night time visibility try this place. Applied Graphics

I got a set of the flame helmet decals and they really POP. I think I'll pull the reflectors off my down tubes and put some black 1" tape on, best of both worlds.

10. murf

murf Active Member

My first thought was the same as Matthew's. But then I went to the reflective decal site and think they are a great alternative. I think the black tape placed wherever would work just fine.