free website stats program Reflective Vest.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Reflective Vest..

Mavagrand

Ok...here I go...gonna get flamed for this, but, here it is..I'm seriously thinking about riding with one of those reflective vests. Those neon bright traffic cop reflective vests. Live in Florida and have ridden for years, but I swear the last few, people down here just don't see M/C anymore. Happens all the time, either pulling out in front of you or turning left into my lane..happens much more frequently than it used to. So, what do you guys think about wearing those vests?? Know it ain't "Harleyesque" but neither is lying on the road in bloodied heap. Flame on!

I see more and more people wearing them.but for me, No. I just can't get it through my head that they would see me any better. If a driver is not paying attention it wouldn't matter if you were wearing a full LED blinky light suit they are not going to see you! So my thoughts are ride defensively,have fun and don't worry because lifes too short to worry about everything!:D

No need to flame! Do the un-harley thing and buy some good motorcycle cloths. Joe Rocket, AlpineStars, Icon, Cortech, MotoGP. They'll protect you, are reflective and highly visible.

Then you'll look like.... ME!! I'm the guy that wears sportbike equipment when I ride my Harleys.

I remember seeing a Hog Tales issue some years ago that featured the Harley factory test riders. And what manufacture's protective equipment were they wearing?

Well, none of it said Harley on it!

Last edited:
If wearing a reflective vest would give you more peace of mind and make you feel even a little safer, then do it. If someone says it doesn't look "Harleyesque" tell them to bad.

If it gives you more peace of mind, and makes you feel better then have at it. I see nothing at all wrong with it.
We used to have to wear one when working on certain construction jobs, so I've got a couple of them. I have taken to wearing one when I am out for my early morning walk and it is interesting to see how some drivers react.
Some will give you a wide berth, some will do nothing, and there are those few who will purposly try to see how close they can come to you.
Don't know if you would get those same reactions on the bike or not.
Good luck with it.

Do think they would see someone on this?????:D
ATT00003.jpg

Well, I wear one. It gives me a little more peace of mind. I figure it can't hurt and it may help so what is there to lose. Besides, I can always jump off the bike and direct traffic anytime I want to..........:eam

Back