free website stats program Redneck_White_Boy does BBQ | Harley Davidson Forums

Redneck_White_Boy does BBQ

R_W_B

I couldn't really put this under recipes since BBQ ain't a recipe but more a technique.

It's also about tasty eatin on budget. Many folks in my area of the country are hurtin right now. It's been lean down here since early 2009. BBQ is a great way to make cheap meats taste great. My wife and I do BBQ about once a week, and also a big slow cooker of Pinto Beans often. With some rice etc, you can eat good and still not spend a bunch.

I feel for the younger folks in my area, they are having a rough go of it. At our age my wife and I, have the house, car, bike, etc paid off and we have all of our retirement funds we put away our whole life. We always jumped on the employer matched SEP funds. Where they match (up to a percent) of what you put in, that's a 100 percent return right off the bat. You just can't beat those, one of the best tax breaks our government ever enacted. Pretty sure that all started back with Reagan.

But even so we have to watch our funds until hopefully I can go back to full time work again. Anyhow here are a couple of photos and a video at the end on how I do BBQ.

Getting Started
BG

Chicken, Polish Sausage, and Pork Loin. (about 3hrs cook time)
BG

Here is a short video of some Pork Butt. (about 3 to 4hrs cook time)
YouTube - ‪BBQ‬‏

Ya know RWB, you really shouldn't put that out there unless you plan on inviting all 45,000 of us over for some BBQ :D Sure looks good.
I got some ribs getting ready to hit the grill. I used to cook them on my smoker, but slow cook them on the gas grill now. Much better, more tender, and moister. The secret is in the preparation. Mmmmm......
I need a good macaroni salad recipe. You got a good one you care to share??? Guess I finally figured out what RWB stands for too
:laugh

I thought i could smell smoke with a bit of a twist when i got home from work tonight

Brian

Great looking meal. Saw a new twist on getting a different taste from the smoke, you add some dark roast coffee beans to the hickory chips. Soon as I get some time I will let you know what it's like.

I'm not a redneck I guess I'm a yankee since I live in Iowa but , When ever I smoke a pork loin it does take a lot of beer . You have to set there and keep an eye on things so what better thing to do but drink ice cold beer !

Great video RWB. I have a hind quarter and some ribs from a feral hog I harvested earlier this year thawing out for a Sunday BBQ with family and friends. Come on Sunday...... :D

I don't know the laws in Iowa but down here in the south it is against the law to cook or serve BBQ without beer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Great video RWB. I have a hind quarter and some ribs from a feral hog I harvested earlier this year thawing out for a Sunday BBQ with family and friends. Come on Sunday...... :D

I have always wondered if those wild hogs were good tastin'. Are they?

Back