free website stats program Redline Shock proof | Harley Davidson Forums

Redline Shock proof

ahern25

Just finished the 5000 mile service. Used redline shock proof in the trans. Not sure if its just a mind game but dont notice the hard clunk noise when I put it in first. Need to top off cause of a spill incident :(. So far so good with the new trans oil. Only time will tell.

I noticed a real difference in noise and shifting when I switched to Redline.
Good stuff.

You will never go back to any other kind of fluid. Shifts smooth, runs smooth. Best protection you can get.

You will never go back to any other kind of fluid. Shifts smooth, runs smooth. Best protection you can get.

Works even better than mixing sawdust with SevereGear, (just kidding).
I'm gonna put a quart of Redline in my tranny next change. It's hot where I live so figure it's just what I need.

Concur completely. I love it. None of the whine and clunking problems heard when using SYN 3 in tranny. Put Redline primary in the chain case for even better results. :s

One more reason those who choose gear lube have less problems and down time with their trannys:s

I noticed a real difference in noise and shifting when I switched to Redline.
Good stuff.

I noticed an immediate difference in tranny noise. Shifting, finding neutral, first gear "clunk" was about the same as factory tranny fluid. I'm not badmouthing Redline, but, eager to try Spectrol next.

I noticed an immediate difference in tranny noise. Shifting, finding neutral, first gear "clunk" was about the same as factory tranny fluid. I'm not badmouthing Redline, but, eager to try Spectrol next.

I used Redline shockproof for quite a while until I switched to Spectro myself. I found the major difference was when the temps were cold out. The Redline would require some driving to warm up a bit before the shifting became better which I attribute to the viscosity index. The Spectro had the same shifting quality as the Redline but no warm up needed to perform at it's peak. I used Spectro from then on .

Both gear oils exhibit the same as far as the metallic fuzz absence on the magnet so I would catagorize both of these products as excellent with that one small difference as far as warm up.

Back