free website stats program Redline oil | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Redline oil

So your using redline in all 3 holes?

If you meant ME ? :
I use
20/50 Redline for engine
MTL in the Primary/Clutch
Shockproof Heavy in the Tranny

Yes all three holes are Redline but the Proper type of Redline In EACH Hole.

signed....BUBBIE

yea I do the primary and the tranny but mobil one in the engine. I am using a barnett extra clutch pack and they only recommend atf or b&m, but the redline is performing well. Havent noticed any clutch slippage and none showed on the dyno. Did you ever have any experience with that?

yea I do the primary and the tranny but mobil one in the engine. I am using a barnett extra clutch pack and they only recommend atf or b&m, but the redline is performing well. Havent noticed any clutch slippage and none showed on the dyno. Did you ever have any experience with that?

On another site, the questions on what oil to use on Different clutch packs and Mention like you do, the Barnett and what they recommend = same thing you mention....
I do think Others over there say that the redline MTL or V-twin primary was working and another poster said he was going to try it ALSO..

I have Only Heard so I have No First Hand experience with answers to this question.. take a look at harleytechtalk and come back to give Me your opinion here..

signed....BUBBIE

hmmm....for right now I am agreeing with you.
I am not upgrading to the se comp until I have to. Right now I am pushing the envelope on the torque so when the stock comp fails me then I might consider it. I have been following that thread for awhile now. I understand that b&m and atf are lighter for the plates but I am not having the problems with shifting and neutral. I think I will stay with the redline in the primary. I have used the stuff since I bought the bike and have not had an issue. I think harley has to fix the problem (se comp) instead of everyone looking for a band aid. I just cant believe that the redline would make the difference when it comes to that.
The one reason I hesitate on the B&M is because of heat. There is a lot of heat generated in the primary and I know the redline can handle it. look at the specs for redline, then look at the specs for atf.

hmmm....for right now I am agreeing with you.
I am not upgrading to the se comp until I have to. Right now I am pushing the envelope on the torque so when the stock comp fails me then I might consider it. I have been following that thread for awhile now. I understand that b&m and atf are lighter for the plates but I am not having the problems with shifting and neutral. I think I will stay with the redline in the primary. I have used the stuff since I bought the bike and have not had an issue. I think harley has to fix the problem (se comp) instead of everyone looking for a band aid. I just cant believe that the redline would make the difference when it comes to that.
The one reason I hesitate on the B&M is because of heat. There is a lot of heat generated in the primary and I know the redline can handle it. look at the specs for redline, then look at the specs for atf.
I am glad you followed the thread over there. Geezer brought it up over here OR else Nobody Here would of Known about it.. I have NO problems and IF i did have to replace it, I would put a Stock Unit back in. I have just short of 20,000 mi. on my bike Now, with the full stage one and TFI Plus the se 255 cams.

I Don't think Mine (stock comp.) will give me Problems like some of the "others" have using a stock comp. I DON'T lug my bike like some do and That constantly WEARS on the compensator ESP. the New SE comp. design. NO lube getting in.

I would Groove my SE comp 1/8' Deep and start on the Middle of the Spoke and taper smoothly into it, about a 1/4" deep and go all the way Down the Boss to where the shaft comes thru..., I would RELIEVE the back of that gear face Boss, where the groves go I would take a 1/4" x 1/4" swath out on a mill.

I know this WOULD allow Oil into that rear area....

The Front of the SE unit where the fiber, with the creased small grooved washer is... I wonder if I Could relieve that front area(on boss face) to be also Grooved to admit oil, Making it just Like the back instead of the fiber washer that is way too small to allow oil into the front of the SE unit?

The fiber washer with the Creases was made to allow oil into the front... but i doubt IF it does much.

Just some of my rant.

signed....BUBBIE

So you can use Redline MTL in the Primary?

Have some unopened from when used it in Cummins 6spd tranny.really liked it...

So you can use Redline MTL in the Primary?

Have some unopened from when used it in Cummins 6spd tranny.really liked it...
SOME have stated when going to a SE compensator, Not modified, they Ues Formal+ in the primary..

All my Many Bikes over the years I use MTL in the primary.. Put Over 117,000 miles on My 2000 FXDS TC and even Hopped-Up 100+t 100+hp,/6speed tranny installed,,, I had the original clutch in that bike.

I often call Redline and Many years back they suggested MTL for HD's primary wet clutch application.. Known Many other riders using it in their Primary also with Great results...

I use it today and Know that Redline Offers a V-twin Primary fluid (same as MTL) but I"ll stick with the MTL as it is working just fine in my 09 FLHR.. I think when a company puts a NEW Label on a bottle they charge More for what little changes made in the product IF ANY?

signed....BUBBIE

So, I'm at the 5k mark on the 11 FLHTK. I put Redline MTL in the Primary and got the Syn3 out of there. Amsoil 75-110w in the tranny. And, tomorrow with put Schaffers Supreme 7000 20w-50 in the engine. Can't wait to see how this combo works out..:bigsmiley12:

Service complete. RL 20-50 in the engine and added RL in the tranny. Went from Mobil 1 20-50 in the engine and Spectro in the tranny. Formula + in the primary. Also added an oil cooler. Will report back as miles add up.

Ride safe and have fun.

Back