free website stats program Redline oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Redline oil

Grillfish

Well, my Redline oil has arrived. 20-50 for the engine and their V-twin trany oil. I've been running Mobil 1 V-Twin for the past 9 yrs in my Sporty and my 09 Rg and have been happy, but wanted to try their motor oil.

Also, been using Spectro 6-speed in my 09 RG for the past 2 yrs and it's mutch better than the F+. however, I've heard the Redline tranny oil flows like 140, but protects like 250. I guess I'll find out in about a month when I do my next service.

Good article on trany wear...

[URL="http://exit.hdtimeline.com/postid333160"]Red Line Synthetic Oil - V-Twin Transmission Tech: A Better Idea Than Using Motor Oil in Your Transmission
[/URL]

Going to keep using F+ in the primary.

Ride safe and have fun.

We pay through the nose for Redline products here in Canada but they are top of the line. I use their V-twin 20w50 engine oil, their primary and their tranny fluids. I wouldn't run any other fluid in my tranny, it IS the best.

I bought mine from Jegs online. $12.99 for the 20-50 and $13.99 for the trans fluid. No taxes or shipping cost, bu they charged me $9.99 for "handling".

Well, my Redline oil has arrived. 20-50 for the engine and their V-twin trany oil. I've been running Mobil 1 V-Twin for the past 9 yrs in my Sporty and my 09 Rg and have been happy, but wanted to try their motor oil.

Also, been using Spectro 6-speed in my 09 RG for the past 2 yrs and it's mutch better than the F+. however, I've heard the Redline tranny oil flows like 140, but protects like 250. I guess I'll find out in about a month when I do my next service.

Good article on trany wear...

[URL="http://exit.hdtimeline.com/postid333160"]Red Line Synthetic Oil - V-Twin Transmission Tech: A Better Idea Than Using Motor Oil in Your Transmission
[/URL]

Going to keep using F+ in the primary.

Ride safe and have fun.

Please post your thoughts after using it for a while. I'm very interested as well. :small3d026:

I have been using Redline for years. First learned about the company in the late 70's. I had a BMW 320i that was miserable to shift for the first 15 minutes or so. Put Redline MTL in the tranny and it shifted like moving a hot knife through melted butter. I was in love! I've been a customer ever since... use their products in every vehicle I own.

How did I NOT post here until Now.?.

I ONLY use Redline products and Have used them for Many Years..
I think I'll start off by FIRST saying ;

I don't Need to BUY the bottle that states for V-twins...

YOU CAN if you wish, YES it is Especially made for V-twins, Tell you so Right On the Bottle.... But just a few years BEFORE they(redline) CHANGED their labels to assure: it is indeed a V-Twin use Product.

I have Ordered REDLINE products for RE-Sale, Many years back,, Just selling to Bikers I know. Thru My business at that time, "Welding and Repair."
I ordered by the cases and that made it a good $$ saved for MY use Also.

Now with that said and a Recent call to "Dave" the Redline Tech.

I was asking him about the label change(V-Twin label) after many years of using Redline products in the Harleys and air cooled engines..

I ASKED him the Questions and Stated My feelings...:

I think THE LABEL Change and 3$ more a Bottle wasn't worth the change FOR ME to USE the NEW LABLED For V-Twins... Is IT WORTH the Extra COST.??..

He REPLIED Evasively but finally Not wanting to get Cornered,,, ASKED ME a Question.;

Have you ever HAD any Problems using our Products BEFORE OUR LABEL CHANGE????

I answered NO... He said that should answer your Question......

He suggested I COULD still USE the REGULAR LABELED OILS I have BOUGHT in the PAST...... AS Nothing Has Changed in them...

He Justified the New V-Twin Labels as Having a LITTLE More anti wear in the 20/60 labeled V-Twin m engine oil, but MOSTLY label changes were to just to acknowledge the USE for V-Twins.....

As far as the "Regular Blue Labeled Bottle 20/50 Redline I used", NO Changes there. Same GREAT product in there..

As far as the Other FINE lubes like MTL for the primary(i use today) and the regular Pink bottle of Shockproof Heavy for the Tranny (i use today) Nothing DIFFERENT with the product inside but the LABELs stating V-Twin....

I noticed that the MTL color is different in V-twin label bottle...

I know after the years I have USED and SOLD their products that they would Lead me astray....

I just CAN"T Justify in my own mind to pay MORE$ Just for the Label that ASSURES ME it is for V-twins... I KNEW THAT FOR YEARS.

I'll continue to use the REGULAR LABELED Redline Products as I have for the many TROUBLE FREE past years... Saving a few $$ on the labels.

The new labels do state V-TWIN

The Regular Labels I will STILL USE :

20/50 Blue Bottle engine oil
MTL Yellow labeled for the Primary
Heavy Shockproof Pink label bottle for the tranny..

I doubt IF there is any changes in these products I use above That a V-TWIN Label Can Improve On .... Just 3$ more a Quart

signed....BUBBIE

YET to this Day, I Have NEVER had any (ANY) metal on the tranny magnetic plug....

Back