free website stats program Red Line V-Twin with 'Shock Proof' | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Red Line V-Twin with 'Shock Proof'

Was bound and determined to use Mobil 1 in all 3 and ignore the oil debate altogether, but after all the posts I have seen, I'll spend the extra 6 or 7 bucks and try this stuff in the tranny. Certainly can't hurt. May even add some to my morning coffee... keep things lubed up.

Saw a Redline kit on Amazon with 5 qts oil, 1qt trans, 1qt primary, plus a funnel, hat, and other junk for $115 shipped. Not sure if that's good or not. But I think you need a little more tranny fluid for touring models (38oz?).

Saw a Redline kit on Amazon with 5 qts oil, 1qt trans, 1qt primary, plus a funnel, hat, and other junk for $115 shipped. Not sure if that's good or not. But I think you need a little more tranny fluid for touring models (38oz?).

My bike takes 32 oz in the tranny. 38 oz in the primary if wet or 45 oz if totally dry.

When I put in redline it took a couple hundred miles before it felt like it worked in, bike had 1k miles on it. I'm with Bubbie, I like the way it cushions the tranny. There are lots of good options out there, I'm set on redline.

Stevecracker
I only have about 40 miles on my Red Line change so I figured it will get better as it is in longer and works in . Now I need to change to Red Line Primary oil too I reckon.
Colt.45

Colt,
I also run redline in primary and when hot the clutch only needs a few seconds of disengagement to engage first without a clunk.

Steve

Redline uses

Motor.... 20/50 or 20/60 V-twin
I Use the Blue bottle (regular) 20/50 and good results form many bikes I've owned...

Primary
MTL or V-twin primary by Redline... Both the same product, says so on the bottles

Tranny
Redline Shockproof heavy (light weight can be used in COLD areas)

signed....BUBBIE

Back