free website stats program Red indicator light on speed dial | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Red indicator light on speed dial

Look in your owners manual and be a bit more specific as to which light it is that you speak of.

This is the best advice so far, all owners manuals show the instruments and detail what they are :s

Our book says Electrical system lamp (security system) If equiped with security system it flashes when armed. Refer to Harley Davidson smart security system. If light remains on after disarmed see dealer. What security system do you have?

I'd ride it down to the dealer's service drive up. Go in tell them what you told us and ask them what it is.

Several thing in the owners manual that you can check, fob battery condition, dont ride with the fob in a metal case or with fob clocer than 3.0 inches of a cell phone, PDA etc, something about electromagnetic field causing interferance. So in other words the fob could be loosing contact with the TSSM?

This was right out of the 2011 softail owners manual for the wifes heritage, pages 45, and 67 to 82. The ABS light is down on the lower left and its amber on this one.

owners manual on page 45 says light #4 is electrical system light (security system). This is the red light just on the right side of the speedo needle base.

So just to the right of the base of my speed needle is a little round red light. It came on a couple times today during a ride around the country. Doesn't stay on more than a couple minutes at most. Cant find anything in the manual about it. Does anyone have a clue? Would really rather not pay a dealer 80 bucks an hour to tell me nothing is wrong.

2011 Heritage, LED headlight, Bright (EDIT) Tail light, HD speakers on windshield, and loud (EDIT) air horn.

Theres no way this is overloading the power system, ive seen bikes with way more stuff than mine.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

What did the dealer say about the red light?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back