free website stats program Red indicator light on speed dial | Harley Davidson Forums

Red indicator light on speed dial

reb3times

So just to the right of the base of my speed needle is a little round red light. It came on a couple times today during a ride around the country. Doesn't stay on more than a couple minutes at most. Cant find anything in the manual about it. Does anyone have a clue? Would really rather not pay a dealer 80 bucks an hour to tell me nothing is wrong.

2011 Heritage, LED headlight, Bright (EDIT) Tail light, HD speakers on windshield, and loud (EDIT) air horn.

Theres no way this is overloading the power system, ive seen bikes with way more stuff than mine.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it would be nice to get some in-put on this my 08 electra glide is doing the sam,e thing except mine is staying on all the time. Think maybe could be a service light since it is time for my 10K service. Thanks for any input

Does your bike have cruise control...?? If so - the indicator looks like circle w/arrow pointing at it & indicator will be red until engaged (turns green). Looking at Softail speedometer images shows cruise indicator to the Right of speedo neetle @ 0-mph...just a thought.

Look in your owners manual and be a bit more specific as to which light it is that you speak of.

Owners manual is pretty useless on this light. Its not shaped like anything. It sits about 1/4 inch to the right of the base of the speed needle. The 6 for 6th gear sits in the same place but on the left side of the needle. It is just a small round red light that shows up, scares me, and then goes away. No loss of performance that I can feel.

Called the dealership, they have no clue that the light is even there! Ill take it by on Tuesday and let them see it for themselves.

Like I posted above , the owners manual should have a picture of the speedo with the purpose of all the lights on the face.

Back