free website stats program red fluid in shock air line | Harley Davidson Forums

red fluid in shock air line

don szabo

did some work on my bike last year had to heat some bolts up to break loose because of the loctite anyhow when i did that i ruptured one of the lines and red fluid came out i traced the line and it goes to the front end does that mean my front fork seals are shot because i want to put crome lowers on and while doing these would it be a good time to change the seals if ther bad and if so how hard is it to do got plenty of tools and i got 2000 service manual for my ultra

Usually the oil in the line is caused by a sudden decrease in air pressure in the system and doesn't mean much of anything on it's own. If you use a pump that looses air pressure when you connect it to add air, this is very common happening and no need for alarm.
The air pump that HD sells will eliminate the oil in the line because there is no air loss when connecting it for the oil to back up into the line.

As long as the seals on the forks themselves show no signs of leakage/seepage, no further action is needed.

Air Suspensions - Harley Davidson Community

hey thanks for the info about the fluid in the air line for shocks with that being said i'm going to change my front forks to all chrome ones and now that i got the fairing off wheel etc. how many miles before you change the front neck bearings and also how often do u recomend the front wheel bearings thanks don szabo

Back