free website stats program Red Craftsman Motorcycle Jack (Help) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Red Craftsman Motorcycle Jack (Help)

Broke my 1/2 drive and my 1/2 breaker bar last month walked into sears they pulled two new ones off the self and walked back out no questions asked. I will stick with craftmans hand tools. I've had my red jack for about 3 years with no issues so far.

Broke my 1/2 drive and my 1/2 breaker bar last month walked into sears they pulled two new ones off the self and walked back out no questions asked. I will stick with craftmans hand tools. I've had my red jack for about 3 years with no issues so far.

Thats what Im talking about, Not just because I work for Sears 33 years now and I have Snap On Mac, Matco and a little bit of all tools made , Craftsman hand tools have a lifetime warranty and have served me well JMO

I've quit buying craftsman tools , they do not stand behind them like they used to, and many of their tools are no longer made in america. It really is buyer beware with craftsman products.

I still buy Craftsman hand tools, but have lost some love for Craftsman power tools.

My 4 year old red Craftsman jack has been flawless in performance. I even kept my Electraglide on it without using the lock a few times. I realize that wasn't smart, and don't do it anymore.:newsmile083:

Last edited:
The Sears jack is no different from others as far as being built up from parts. I would take the old hydraulic unit out (if that is the problem), rebuild or replace it depending on how energetic you are. Certainly the price being $100 on replacement cost or repair cost decision. I would think that if it is not too old, they would exchange or at least give you a price for replacement or as others have said. Harbor Freight model can be had for just over $50 with store coupon and it being on sale...as I said it borderlines on your decision.

Several years ago I bought Craftsman drill; the motor locked up after just a few uses. I took it back to the store and the salesman said he would have to take it in back to try it an make sure it didn't work. I told him "No you don't, there is a satisfaction guarantee and I'm not satisfied so give me another one. He said OK and went and got me another one.

I have not had any problem getting warranty with any craftsman hand tools that have broken.
Having said that my son has craftsman wrenches and I hate them they are bulky and cumbersome.With wrenches I will stick to Snap-on .JMHO

Yes indeed, good tools for most people, try the Crafstman pro line alot more like Snap on, they fit the hand nicely. Tho most of my Wrenches are Snap On , Jack

I'm a retired auto tech with over 37 years in the biz. Craftsman tools are great for around the house, but for pro use I stuck with Snap-On. For instance, a Craftsman line wrench or any of the other brands simply do not fit as well as a Snap-On. Thier wrenches,sockets,etc are all of the highest quality, and fit a lot better than other brands. Of course, you pay for this quality, and I kinda thought they were pricing themselves out of reach to a lot of guys. Just my 2 cents.

Just received my J & S jack....had a craftsman and nothing but problems we shall see how this holds up now.

RetNavyHD; you'll definitely see & experience the difference between Sears vs. J&S. Get ready to take you bike "bull riding" across the garage without it falling off the stand. I :gh my J&S jack & can't believe how easy it makes cleaning & working on the bike. Enjoy!

I still buy Craftsman hand tools, but have lost some love for Craftsman power tools.

My 4 year old red Craftsman jack has been flawless in performance. I even kept my Electraglide on it without using the lock a few times. I realize that wasn't smart, and don't do it anymore.:newsmile083:
Breeze3at, do you always tie your MC down using the tiedowns on the 'red' mc jack?? just wondering? thankx

Bill

Back