free website stats program Recommended Southern Indiana ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Recommended Southern Indiana ride

Ozoneman

If you Indiana guys want to experience a great bike ride in southern Indiana, here is a great one! My buddy and I went down south with our wives. Our trip was an overnighter last weekend with great weather. From Indy we went down 67 to Spencer. There we got on 43 which is a good twisty road. We got half way down 43 and then ran in to a flooded road, so we had to back track and get over to 45 which took us to 54. We took 54 east to Bedford. We were going to take 450 from Bedford to 150 but 450 was closed from the flooding so we took 50. We then went east on 150 to 56 and French Lick. After checking out French Lick and West Baden we went on to Jasper to spend the night. Good German restaurant with great German beer.

Next day we headed down 162 to 62 east and then south on 545 to Troy. Very nice ride! Went east on 66 along the Ohio River to Tell City. After Tell City 66 is great! Wonderful twisties and scenic as hell. The great ride continues on 62 east at Sulphur. Stopped in Leavenworth at the Dock restaurant. We had a great lunch there Sunday sitting outside while eating and enjoyed the weather and Ohio River flowing by. Must have been 75 bikes come and go while we were there. After a great lunch and a couple cold beers, we headed east on 62 to Corydon. There we headed north on 135. 135 is closed between Palmyra and Salem due to construction, so we found a detour that took us on Beck's Mill Road out of Fredericksburg. At Salem we jumped back on 135 and headed to Story for our next stop. After Story we stopped in Nashville. I used to think 135 between Brownstown and Nashville was great, but I have to say doing 66 and 62 is better. We continued back to Indy on 135 which was kind of anti-climatic compared to the rest of the trip.

If you ever have time to do this trip it is well worth it. The trip is about 450 miles if anyone is counting.

Here are some pictures. May have more latter.

GangatDock.jpg

TheDockPatio.jpg

TheDockRiverView.jpg

V8Bike.jpg

Back