free website stats program Recommendations on a single rail bike trailer | Harley Davidson Forums

Recommendations on a single rail bike trailer

flhtdan

Looking to purchace a single rail trailer to haul my FLH south for the winter. Seen a few on line. Anyone recommend a good trailer that will hold up on a long haul?
Looking for something along the he same line as this photo.b2fbb928b581e9dedf0bb7915fdef010.jpg

Several options; depends on how much one wants to spend and if storage is an issue; just Google "single rail motorcycle trailer".;)

I have the original version of the "trailer in a bag" which sold for about $700 when first introduced; looks a lot like your photo when assembled. I bought it because it takes up very little space when not in use and knowing it would rarely be used. I have used it twice since I bought it about 11 years ago. The trailer has improved since I bought mine and IIRC now sells for about $1300. Ace makes a "fold up" trailer that I think sells for just under $1000. Do the homework and you will find what you are looking for.:)

That Stinger Single trailer with the walk-boards on both sides looks like a safe proposition.

I'm going with the Stinger XL112. Better upgraded wheels for high speed, long haul, has a torsion axel for a good suspention and low for easy loading. I think the trailer is a bit pricey but I got the manufaturer to drop the price if they didn't send the tie-down kit.

It's just my opinion, but I would not haul my bike any great distance, especially on the highway, in an open trailer. The chance of damage is just too great.

Begs the question; what do you consider a "great distance"?
Except for an emergency break-down, no distance that requires getting on the highway. The tow vehicle kicks up all sorts of trash, rocks, glass, sticks etc, and it goes right on the bike on the trailer. You can't put a cover on the bike because it will flap in the wind and tear-up the paint. Call me picky, but I would get an enclosed trailer if I decided I needed a trailer on a regular basis. You can also rent an enclosed U-Haul when needed if it is a rare occasion that you need one. Just my opinion.

Back