free website stats program Recommendations for better lighting riding at night. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Recommendations for better lighting riding at night.

Check here for a variety of reflectors and bulbs.

Motorcycle Headlamps

You can also Google Daniel Stern; he will answer emails and stays out in front of automotive lighting hardware.

Are these OSRAM 80/100 bulbs long lasting? If not just how long do they last on average? I ordered one for my trip starting next week and need to be able to rely on it lasting. Should I pack the stock bulb I will be taking out?

Also will using the driving lights at the same time overload the fuse. I run tall lights all the time and really don't want to turn them off unless I have to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell me which PIAA set you used and if you had to purchase any additional fasteners?
I'll have to get the model numbers for you...they're in the drag specialties catalogue...the clamps came with them...no additional purchases of fasteners. They're awsome.

The Osram 80/100 bulb works great, and at $12 and change worth triple that, and makes a whole lot of sense. Probably a good time to check your "old" bulb and socket out anyway. Make sure they are good and tight and put dielectric grease in the connector while not touching the glass bulb with anything other than clean paper towel.

Are these OSRAM 80/100 bulbs long lasting? If not just how long do they last on average? I ordered one for my trip starting next week and need to be able to rely on it lasting. Should I pack the stock bulb I will be taking out?

Also will using the driving lights at the same time overload the fuse. I run tall lights all the time and really don't want to turn them off unless I have to?

I have been using them for many years on many bikes and so have a few friends, Only once has one gone out on a friends bike but he also had charging problems and burnt up a stator so I don't consider that a faulty bulb. Not a bad idea to pack the stock bulb going on a trip anyway.

Back