free website stats program Recommend A Battery ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Recommend A Battery ?

8 years is excellent service life for a well maintained HD battery. I would do a load check of the fully charged battery to ensure it will tolerate 200 CCA, just to be on the safe side...and check charging voltage to be sure, but congratulation!

I got my battery today. Came via USPS next day. I installed it. Fit perfect. It says right on it 270CCA, but my old one didn't say anything about CCA on it. I guess I am in the the ballpark.
I got a sheet with the battery that said 12.8 is full charge. I had with my Fluke 12.4 which is about 1/2 charge, so I put my tender on it and went to work. I'll see how it starts in the morning.
I cleaned my cables which looked really clean, but my ground cable had an issue of the screw hard to remove and then I saw what looked like some arcing had gone on. It was pretty tight, but maybe I changed the battery for nothing. It might have been a cable problem.
I feel better that I have all new and with summer around the corner, heat where I live is a real battery killer anyway.

I really like the idea of the dry cell.

What is the longest service out there for the dry cell and how does it behave in the heat?

Back