free website stats program Recall!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Recall!!

The HD dealer told me that I will get a letter and then I can bring it in. He said early 2011's are affected.

I forwarded this recall info to my buddy, who has a 2010 EGUC. He checked with the dealer and his was on the list. They ordered the part and will call him when it comes in. So, it's not JUST 2011 models

This is an open recall for 09 thru 12 touring bikes

* Open Recalls

There are one or more open recalls on your vehicle:
2011 Road Glide® Custom VIN:

The following list contains the campaign number and a brief description:
Recall Notice: 0145: RCL:2009-2012 BRAKE SWITCH RCL

We strongly urge you to take your motorcycle to your dealer to have the appropriate service performed as soon as possible. Should you choose to ride your motorcycle prior to this service, we urge you to be aware of this condition. Some product campaigns may have expired and you may have to pay for the service. Please see your local Harley-Davidson dealer for further details.

I forwarded this recall info to my buddy, who has a 2010 EGUC. He checked with the dealer and his was on the list. They ordered the part and will call him when it comes in. So, it's not JUST 2011 models

OP reads: This is an open recall for 09 thru 12 touring bikes

Interesting recall. Have 2010 ultra Limited with 19000 miles 3 weeks ago was ridind at night and rear brake light was stuck on and no cruise control. Got home and removed rear pressure sensor wires and light went out. Defective switch. Went to Harley and purchased new switch and installed. Problem gone. Recall comes out two weeks later. Called Harley and found out switch I purchased is one being recalled. Told no refund, make appointment for new one to be installed. Great customer support ! Made appointment (3 weeks waiting time) for replacement. Was at dealer today and the new bikes are on floor with recalled rear brake pressure switches still installed.:newsmile055:

Interesting recall. Have 2010 ultra Limited with 19000 miles 3 weeks ago was ridind at night and rear brake light was stuck on and no cruise control. Got home and removed rear pressure sensor wires and light went out. Defective switch. Went to Harley and purchased new switch and installed. Problem gone. Recall comes out two weeks later. Called Harley and found out switch I purchased is one being recalled. Told no refund, make appointment for new one to be installed. Great customer support ! Made appointment (3 weeks waiting time) for replacement. Was at dealer today and the new bikes are on floor with recalled rear brake pressure switches still installed.:newsmile055:

Contacting MOCO is in order here and making it clear dealer offered no refund.
Then go on and say how can a safety recall be put off for 3 weeks. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but is this Harley Motor Company giving you this story or dealer?????

You will need to check your VIN to see if your bike is in the recall. My 2010 Ultra Limited is NOT on the list(ABS switch different?) but my wifes 2012 Trike she got in August is in the recall. Anyone else out there with an Ultra Limited that their VIN is also not affected by the recall, or maybe someone with an Ultra with ABS that isn't affected?

My 2012 Road Glide Ultra with ABS did get recalled, the dealer fixed it yesterday with no problems.
The Recall does say: Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. has decided that a defect affecting motor vehicle safety exists on all 2009MY through 2011MY Touring, CVO Touring and Trike vehicles, and certain 2012MY Touring, CVO Touring and Trike vehicles, built June 6, 2008 through September 16, 2011. which would make me think a 2010 Ultra Limited would certainly be recalled - but who knows.

I called the dealer in Lakeland, which was not where I purchased my bike. They were very gracious in giving me an appointment at the time I requested.

Took it there this morning and they replaced the switch. They took it on a test ride, too, to insure that the brakes were still working properly.

The HD dealer told me that I will get a letter and then I can bring it in. He said early 2011's are affected.
Keep in mind that you don't have to wait for a recall letter/notification from the MOCO. If you want to get it taken care of before you get the letter you can call your nearest dealership and they can verify your VIN and get you in. ...speaking from experience.

Please help.I have a streetbob 2008 HD.My problem is somtime when im riding the bike i fell that the idle speed is high.But when i stop the bike it goes back to normal idle.Also my trothtle stuck up sometimes and gard to rotate.Pls help,Im from philippines

Please help.I have a streetbob 2008 HD.My problem is somtime when im riding the bike i fell that the idle speed is high.But when i stop the bike it goes back to normal idle.Also my trothtle stuck up sometimes and gard to rotate.Pls help,Im from philippines

Does your throttle have an adjuster star on the bottom of the grip? Has this been adjusted in so it is too tight?

Cheers,

TQ

Back