free website stats program Recall!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Recall!!

I had the shop here in Las Vegas NV replace mine this morning. I think I was the first one in town. All bikes are not on the recall list but it turns out mine was, lucky me.

Two weeks ago my brake light switch failed and I paid to have it replaced, today was customer appreciation day at the dealership and I had my bike there so I asked them what is the deal, well they replaced my new switch with the newest one and refunded my money for the one that I paid for two weeks ago. Life is good!

Two weeks ago my brake light switch failed and I paid to have it replaced, today was customer appreciation day at the dealership and I had my bike there so I asked them what is the deal, well they replaced my new switch with the newest one and refunded my money for the one that I paid for two weeks ago. Life is good!

You might want to post that dealer on "Dealers You Would Recommend"

Also, for those who paid for replacement before recall, last page in guidance for refunding your $$$. Looks like you fill in info., include invoice & send...

they are replacing just the switch, my SW told me they are hanging in the open position so the cruise won't disengage....

they are replacing just the switch, my SW told me they are hanging in the open position so the cruise won't disengage....

Before anyone panics due to this statement, this is only true for disengaging the cruise control by using the rear brake ONLY (and ONLY in the event the rear brake like switch has indeed "failed"). Of course, disengaging the cruise by using the front brake and/or rolling forward on the throttle is unaffected.

"Runaway" motorcycles are not resulting from this recall.

I had mine replaced this morning. The Dealer did the recall and fixed my Cruise Control switch under Warranty, DTC P0577. The bike has 1,700 miles

Back