free website stats program Rebuilding and upgrading, 08 Heritage | Harley Davidson Forums

Rebuilding and upgrading, 08 Heritage

67hat34c

Well I settled with the insurance company for UltraCool. As you may recall their oil cooler lines failed and my engine ran dry. Damage showed up about a month and a half later. Crank scored so have to rebuild. Crate engine would have been cheeper but I decided to go with a complete rebuild and upgrade to a 103. Doc Weaver with Docs Performance Tune in Mineola FL is doing the build. Those of you who know who he is will agree that it will be perfect.

Build will include a pinned, welded and balanced crank. upgraded bearings, different cams and 103 cylinders. I also am having him upgrade the torque compensator to the SE part. He will re tune using the TTS tuner that i purchased from him nearly 2 years ago when he tuned it the first time. From what he says the increase in the numbers will be substantial over the old 96. my 96 was stock engine with v&h big shot long and k&n Breather. approx 73hp at wheel and 80 something ft pounds of torque. Will be up to 90 something hp and 110 or more ft pounds of torque. Balanced crank will make engine a little smoother.

Did not recommend high compression nor head work. I wont be using that kind of power, not going to race a heritage. I will be getting usable power. Well I am so looking forward to getting it back. For now im riding the sportster and the goldwing. I kept the sportster because it is or was so much quicker/faster than the Heritage but now im thinking i can part with it.

I got to ask,,, are you going to add a oil cooler to the new engine?????:newsmile071:

Keeping old one at this point. the hoses failed, cooler is fine. I replaced hoses with proper ones.

I did send an email to the owner of UltraCool, Robert Clink, and informed him that I settled and his legal obligation has been satisified. However i told him that for customer service he should send me the new and improved unit for my bike and one for a bagger. If so then i would review them and post on all the HD forums. Well its tuesday and no response. I am guessing that I wont get one. If it was my company I would be doing everthing possible to promote good will and service. Thus far it doesnt appear that he cares.

I would think no response would be a reason to review on the HD forums as well. Tells me something about UltraCool.

Keeping old one at this point. the hoses failed, cooler is fine. I replaced hoses with proper ones.

I am sure you are going to check with Doc and see if flushing out the debris filled cooler would be advisable and to install with new engine.

He flushed the oil tank and system. I cant see how there could be anything in the cooler since it is down stream of the filter,,, i think.

I use the Amsoil EA filters and they are pretty good. Engineer even commented on it when inspecting it.

He flushed the oil tank and system. I cant see how there could be anything in the cooler since it is down stream of the filter,,, i think.

I use the Amsoil EA filters and they are pretty good. Engineer even commented on it when inspecting it.

Most oil filters are good and will filter out most foreign materials but some particles still find their way past even the best filters on the market. A complete flush of the whole system would be a wise choice.

Back