free website stats program rebuild issue | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

rebuild issue

A way to fix the engine that Has TOO much compression is to use a spacer to Lift the head Higher so the piston doesn't compress too high compression..

I Was going to use spacers(bought for the job) but went a different way, Timing made a difference on my Too High compression issues and the spacers not used..

Spacers under the heads(not the best way but the cheapest) would Lower the compression ratio so a less duration(smaller) earlier intake valve closing could be used.

The heads(valve springs) that were modified to use the larger lift cams would be No problem for using lesser lift cams.

Smitty is right on when he says building a miss-match engine.

Hind sight is to go with A Proven build that FITS your bike and ride style....

Even the engine builders Might go Over Board, so careful is needed and Looking at the PROVEN builds and their dyno charts is a Must, Before a build design is done..

Salvaging a bad Miss-matched build can cost as much as the original build. And Frustration.

signed....BUBBIE
Bubbie is right on here, had to do this on a Shovel Stroker to make it run good on pump gas, too much compression, S and S made de stroker plates this could change over all length of the intake manifold so check for this also

I had my motor rebuilt on a 2006 Classic by a company in the mid west and got it back, installed it, got a break in map from fuelmoto (awesome guys to work with) then after break in had it dyno'd at my local Harley shop here in Salt Lake. Since I was doing a complete re build I had it punched out to a 95 cube, they also put bigger intake and exhaust valves in the heads along with longer valve springs and a set of gear drive Crane cams 1-3005's with a .619 lift. The problem I'm having now is that there is a quite noticeable stutter/miss with the throttle at the 10 to 15 % open position that can not be tuned out by the shop. I'm being told by my local shop that the cam is way to extreme and the builder is claiming that my problem is a tuning issue. I have a master tuner on the bike with Vance and Hines slip on's. Any ideas this stutter/miss is driving me crazy?

Are you still running stock headpipes and air cleaner? At this point you do want this monster to breath

Back