free website stats program Reason 1023... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Reason 1023...

I do not know about you but honestly, besides feeling great riding my harley but a part of me want to look cool also. safety aside (i always wear proper gears including helmet), just picturing riding my harley with sandals and shorts does not do her any justice, IMHO.

I have posted in other threads over time about this,on major highways I won't wear shorts,just too much debree,but if I am just riding from the camp to the boat or the beach its shorts and a tank top.I don't worry about going down.I do have a few scars on my legs from pipe burns on different bikes.And I do get looks of disapproval from other riders at times,but I feel it's none of their business what I wear or how I ride. Just my .02 cents worth.

I don't ride unless I have over the ankle boots - prefer western boots or engineer boots -long pants and protective glasses. Several months I was riding down the beach highway in Gulf Port, Ms. I was going East and the wind was coming out of the South East. I had a a tee shirt on. You know, the small particles of sand being picked up by the wind from the beach stung when they hit by bare arms. After the ride my arms looked like I rolled in an ant mound.

Hey Bowhiker,

Any chance that's the dealer in Lakeville, MN? I now a couple dealers right off i35 in Minnesota. I'm sure there are others (35's a long interstate). Just curious. The Lakevill dealer is about 3 miles from my place.

-nosaj

Harleyargo, we worry about going down because there are only two kinds of riders, thoes that have fallen and thoes that are about to! For all of you that wonder why anyone should care what you wear, maybe we have experienced something you havn't, yet!

Back