free website stats program Reason 1023... | Harley Davidson Forums

Reason 1023...

ksboy

Account Removed
why NOT to wear sandals while riding your scoot.
I had to run into work for just a second, so I hopped on the bike and started in. Somehow either a big bug or rock flew in between my foot and my sandal. As I worked it back to my heel to free whatever it was, I was trying to make a faster exit plan in my head in case it started stinging. After a surprisingly large amount of time (or so it seemed at the time when visions of a bird-sized bumble piercing the tender parts of my under-foot with its' ginormous pencil-sized stinger raced through my head), I finally worked it out.
Looking back, perhaps sandals aren't the best riding footwear.

You are lucky, I had shorts on one day this summer when I put my new pipes on and just went down my street, put my foot down at the stop
and fried my leg. I will never ride in shorts even just to move my bike.
Now after breaking two bones in my foot after a fall with hightop boots on
the tennies are staying home. Pain teaches us.

I see guys riding by on the road behind us wearing shorts, sandals, t-shirt and no gloves and I just think, "Wow, I met you in the ER a few years ago didn't I. I wasn't sure we had enough spare skin to replace all of that." Turns out I was right.
Scares the heck out of me.

Have you ever kicked a rock with bare feet? Just imagine what that has to feel like at 70....ouch..

Back