free website stats program Rear Wheel wobbling | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Wheel wobbling

FieryDragon

My Rd King's rear wheel wobbles at 140 km and above.
Have checked and corrected alignment, belt drive, pumped up air in F/R shocks, checked tyre pressure,checked front forks and bearing. Problem still exist, albeit better.
Any body can tell me Why?
Milage done to date 30,000 km(bike is hardly used as I have several other vehicles) Bike is 1996 HD Road King 1340 cc

Try lifting the bike off the ground and turn the wheel and watch the thread if the tire if it wiggles or runs true. It could be a bad tire in the making.

Are you saying that it wobbles at that speed when going stright down the road? Or do you notice it when you are in a curve? Have you checked the wheel bearings? With the rear wheel off the ground can you feel side to side movement? If the bearings are good and the alignment is right than Glider's suggestion about a tire problem is probably correct. Did you recently install a new tire? Are your tires a matched set? If you haven't installed a new tire how many miles on the set of tires your running? Did you just notice the wobble or is it something that has been going on for some time?

Back