free website stats program Rear wheel turns in neutral | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear wheel turns in neutral

Actually it is a "good thing" for it to move a bit, but very slowly...it means the wet clutch pack is sticking together a bit from the oil film surface tension...and your disc brake drag outback is slight. I would almost bet that if you pull in the clutch lever, hold for about 5 seconds...start the bike and still holding it in, the engine vibes will jar the discs inside the pack free and the rotation will stop in about 15 seconds or so. That is why when you now put the bike in gear the loud clunk will not be as pronounced either (along with BUBBIE's clutch adjustment method).:D

Actually it is a "good thing" for it to move a bit, but very slowly...it means the wet clutch pack is sticking together a bit from the oil film surface tension...and your disc brake drag outback is slight. I would almost bet that if you pull in the clutch lever, hold for about 5 seconds...start the bike and still holding it in, the engine vibes will jar the discs inside the pack free and the rotation will stop in about 15 seconds or so. That is why when you now put the bike in gear the loud clunk will not be as pronounced either (along with BUBBIE's clutch adjustment method).:D

Called the dealer he said they all do it.
Normal drag from wet clutch

I think the views here are a bit backward. IF the clutch was pulled in as in squeezing the handle, THEN it would be the clutch discs with the parasitic drag causing the wheel to turn from the oil drag between the plates. As posted above, the clutch was not operated so the spring tension would still be holding the plates together.

I just changed the Primary oil in my 07 heritage. while the bike was on the lift I started it up to check for leaks. After I started it up the rear wheel turns while running in neutral.

It is caused by the oil turning in the tranny..Like I mentioned in my other above post... Really turns tire strong on my bike 'Cause I run Shockproof Heavy..:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

Back