free website stats program rear wheel slanted | Harley Davidson Forums

rear wheel slanted

noeld

my rear wheel is not straight up & down ????? on my 80 xls
the tire is hitting the fender on the rite side & has wore a big straight slice in it
I have never had this problem before & don't know where to start looking at what??????
I don't have it on the lift yet but when I took the axle not loose I could knock it more straighter
this bike from heck was a basket case when I got it & has been fighting me tooth & nail the whole time also I have no other ironheads to look at in person
any help I can get would be great
thx noel

Last edited by a moderator:
the pivot bolt had backed out,was a real bear to get it lined up again, tightened it up now seems all good
was my bad for not checking it just slipped my mind with all the other junk I had going on

Last edited by a moderator:
the pivot bolt had backed out,was a real bear to get it lined up again, tightened it up now seems all good
was my bad for not checking it just slipped my mind with all the other junk I had going on

I'm always trying to learn something new. Can you tell me what and where a pivot bolt is. Thanks Don

I'm always trying to learn something new. Can you tell me what and where a pivot bolt is. Thanks Don

If that indeed is the swing arm mounting bolt, I would be checking the bushings and thinking why it backed out in the first place?

HDDON the Pivot bolt goes thru the frame and swing arm to hold them together. On earlier models the had timken bearings and not bushings like the newer ones have. There should of been a Locking tab for the on the pivot bolt. It may not be there or last one to put nut on didn't use Locktite.
tourbox

Back