free website stats program Rear Wheel removal | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Wheel removal

Got it Jack, good site, I made it a favorite. Here's what I've decided to do for the rear tire...gonna let a shop change it for me Saturday morning. 206.00 new Michelin installed. Figure that's not a bad price and saves me from doing the labor. They're gonna let me watch so I can make sure everything is torqued to specifications so I'm happy. AS a side note, the Harley shop wanted 300.00 to do the same thing, asked them to price match and they wouldn't because the tire was not a Dunlop. I try to support my local dealer but tyhey make it hard sometmies.

:D Very good price, H D is going to price them selves out of the tire market IMO

Got it Jack, good site, I made it a favorite. Here's what I've decided to do for the rear tire...gonna let a shop change it for me Saturday morning. 206.00 new Michelin installed. Figure that's not a bad price and saves me from doing the labor. They're gonna let me watch so I can make sure everything is torqued to specifications so I'm happy. AS a side note, the Harley shop wanted 300.00 to do the same thing, asked them to price match and they wouldn't because the tire was not a Dunlop. I try to support my local dealer but tyhey make it hard sometmies.

Tell us how you like the Michelin, I liked it on my bike (08 FLHX). I just replaced my worn out Michelin with the Dunlop E3's and so far I'm impressed.

I might be setting myself up for criticism, but once it have torqued a nut like the axle nut, I scar the flat on the nut and then I can duplicate the torque ....especially on the road.

As Long as the axle is aligned and marked after proper Torque on Both sides and belt is properly tensioned to relate to your markings/torque,,,, I would agree for out on the road it will do a lot of good.

so there is Criticism:D

signed....BUBBIE

I might be setting myself up for criticism, but once it have torqued a nut like the axle nut, I scar the flat on the nut and then I can duplicate the torque ....especially on the road.

Nah, match marking is a Very good idea, been doing it for years, only thing I would add is bolt and or fastener stretch, other than that match marking, or indexing as I call it is a good plan:s

Nah, match marking is a Very good idea, been doing it for years, only thing I would add is bolt and or fastener stretch, other than that match marking, or indexing as I call it is a good plan:s

As Long as the axle is aligned and marked after proper Torque on Both sides and belt is properly tensioned to relate to your markings/torque,,,, I would agree for out on the road it will do a lot of good.

so there is Criticism:D

signed....BUBBIE
That wasn't so bad. I use it on the belt adjuster nuts too, only just a temparary felt tip pen dot to maintain allignment. Of course these get tweaked a flat or point here and there. I like the terms match marking and indexing, I will try to remember that. See you learn something everyday here.

Tell us how you like the Michelin, I liked it on my bike (08 FLHX). I just replaced my worn out Michelin with the Dunlop E3's and so far I'm impressed.

The old tire on my bike was a MIcheline. I had 10k on it when I picked up this screw and probably could have gotten another 3k out of it. It held up pretty good. As far as riding comfort...I couldn't tell a difference between it and the Dunlops that were on before. I know some guys claim they can but I guess my butt just ain't sensitive enough. It wasn't any noisier than the Dunlop either.

The tire I had installed was a Dunlop..the HD tire, even had HD name on the side..I misunderstood when I ordered, so I got the HD Dunlop for 206.00. As a side note, while the bike was up inspected the bearings (good), belt (good) the rubber isolators on the IDS..they looked brand new. Made me feel a lot better about my bike.

The old tire on my bike was a MIcheline. I had 10k on it when I picked up this screw and probably could have gotten another 3k out of it. It held up pretty good. As far as riding comfort...I couldn't tell a difference between it and the Dunlops that were on before. I know some guys claim they can but I guess my butt just ain't sensitive enough. It wasn't any noisier than the Dunlop either.

The tire I had installed was a Dunlop..the HD tire, even had HD name on the side..I misunderstood when I ordered, so I got the HD Dunlop for 206.00. As a side note, while the bike was up inspected the bearings (good), belt (good) the rubber isolators on the IDS..they looked brand new. Made me feel a lot better about my bike.

Gives you a warm fuzzy fealing when you don't have to wonder what condition all that stuff is in. :s

Back