Rear Wheel Removal

Discussion in 'Trikes' started by SirDimsdale, Nov 1, 2011.

1. SirDimsdale

SirDimsdale Active Member

What is the best way to loosen the chrome lug nuts without damaging them. All I own is regular lug wrenches which I'm afraid to use.
    Mike

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Astro Pneumatic 7Pc No Scratch Lug Nut Set | Wayfair Check Harbour Freight I think they carry them, if not try advance Auto:s

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Six point socket has less chance of hurting chrome. What lug nuts are you loosening
    Ken

4. SirDimsdale

Thanks Jack....look real good. Will try for best price.

Don't know the size nut but can look it up. Have to buy a set though.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
  5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

:s We use these on all custom wheels @ work

6. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

DimsDale here they are at H.F.

7 Piece Metric and SAE 1/2 Lug Nut Impact Sockets

If that set don't include the size you need, wonder if you could wrap the lug with that self stick tread rubber sold at Ace Hardware. And then hopefully you will find another larger size socket to fit over the rubber wrap.

7. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Usually these sockets are thin wall with a plastic sleeve over them to protect custom wheels.
    Ken

8. SirDimsdale

Thanks Ron, just purchased it. It has the same sizes that the astro pneumatic had and Jack recommended that set so it should have my size.

9. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Great, don't wanna scratch up them chrome lugs. BTW you've called me Ron the last couple of times and that's cool, folks can call me most anything and it don't bother me. But I'm Dave, the RWB is for Redneck White Boy OR Red White & Blue which ever, they both describe what I am :lolrolling

But no big deal either way. I might get upset if my wife called me Ron in the middle of the night now. :lolrolling

10. SirDimsdale

Sorry Dave. I'll remind your wife not to make that mistake.