free website stats program Rear wheel damage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear wheel damage

Nothing new to report,called everyone today just got off phone.What I have is extended service plan that is to cover 1100 parts and a lot of rule's I guess ,And it's just my luck the wheel is not going to be covered because of damage from bad part,wheel and tire coverage is kind of a road hazzard thing.. nails, pot holes.Wheel would have been covered if a tree hit it and bent it or anything on the road???just funny to me any strange thing that happened on road and resulted in a damaged wheel would be covered but not bad bearing??and the bearing is covered!!anyway they found a wheel and said they would help in any way they could to keep cost down,I am afraid that that any part in future that I may have a problem with have parts damaged as consequene and won't be covered,my problem is a lot of people have told me that I would have heard noise and the bike would have been all over the road??I will be looking at parts tomorrow have to drive 140 miles round trip,they said axle has a sleeve over it and thats why it is not damaged I hope I get out for under 580.00 bucks:(

hope I can,

No you don't.

Because if you can't keep the old wheel then it means you didn't pay for the new one either. You only own the old parts if you pay for the new ones.
Your buddy didn't pay for his NEW wheel. That's why he couldn't keep the bent one.

Went and looked at wheel and the sleeve that goes over axle and is in hub when wheel is on bike got into the hub, but not much.Outer race was still in the hub,if it could be removed without any damage no reason why bearing couldn't be replaced. I sure the service mechanics thought it was to risky and/or time consuming?just wish it was covered and after searching the internet it didn't take long to find a bunch of people ragging on this dealership,I just want my bike back the same way it was but with bearing problem resolved and will go elsewhere from now on,I'm very sad to say that the last two harley puchases were not good,love the bikes don't get me wrong on that ,but dealing with the stuff at the dealership,I mean after it was over I thought ...MAN are they that hard up to sell and try to get over on someone..I'll go 400 miles to my home town to buy next bike, friends tell me they are decent and will go to bat for their customers:no

Back