free website stats program Rear turn signal help!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear turn signal help!!

sesh.one

Somehow my right rear turn signal came loose when I was messin with my bike and I cant figure out how to tighten it back up. There is a nut on the inside of the fender that is tight as can be and the outside piece that the bulb goes into is still very very loose, like hanging on by one thread loose. It looks like the same bolt that runs all the way through that has threads on both sides. but I am stumped and can't ride my bike until I get this fixed! I NEEED HELP PLEASE!!! I am very frustrated and want to get back to riding.

you will have to take the fender strut cover off, the turn signal is held on to the strut cover with a double ended stud, it gets tightened to the strut cover off the bike then the other end of the stud goes through with the nut inside holding it in place.

on my 2003 you take off the turn signal lens pry out the reflecter and there is a bolt in there to tighten. There is a nut inside the fender to tighten. In the attachment #36 goes inside #99 and holds the housing.

Attachments

• HD0309008049.jpg
    HD0309008049.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 42
Take the nut off on the inside of the fender, twist the stud a few turns into the signal housing and replace the nut inside the fender and tighten. It may take a time or two to get it just right.

Thanks everybody for the help. I got it figured out, it took forever and I had to walk away more than once, but I got it worked out!!! I ended up having to unplug the turn signal plug from under the rear brake light and pulling some slack on the wire to let the whole turn signal housing hang loose so I sould get to the nut under the strut! Lets just say that if it happens again it wont be such a pain to figure out!!!

Back