free website stats program rear tire | Harley Davidson Forums

rear tire

dalef2

i have a 01 ultra classic, i had the rear tire put on about 5,000 miles ago,i had it a harley shop about 3 weeks, ago found out that my had been put on in the wrong rotation what should i do ?.

Welcome to the forum! Is there any chance that the place you had install the tire would switch it for you? I would think they would take responsibility since it was their error.

Thankfully, nothing bad has happened so far, but it may in an emergency or if you pushed the performance limits. Personally, I'd get it switched. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Welcome to the forum! Is there any chance that the place you had install the tire would switch it for you? I would think they would take responsibility since it was their error.

Thankfully, nothing bad has happened so far, but it may in an emergency or if you pushed the performance limits. Personally, I'd get it switched. Good luck with whatever you decide.

not in business any more

not in business any more
:newsmile055:

Bummer! I haven't changed one in a couple years, since last year I decided to just crash and total my old ride and the new one hasn't needed one, yet... If you have the equipment to get the wheel off, it isn't too expensive to just have the tire removed and replaced. Think my local Independent bike shop charged me $20 a few years ago. :newsmile093:

I honestly would pay to have it switched. Brakes and tires, when they fail when you need them, it usually ends very bad. :newsmile08:

Those tires have a rotation arrow for a reason. I would change it .. A buddy of mine that has a trike does run his front tire against the rotation . I asked him why and he said it bites better with the real wheels pushing him .. Might just be a mind thing . Tires are your roadrash insurance.

IMO I would have it changed. It's my understanding that the tire rotation direction really comes into play when the weather gets wet. Seems to me that I read having the tire in the wrong direction can effect the way it moves the water away from the tire.

I think he might be referring to the letter stamp on the tire which converts to rated speed for that model tire .. :)

IMO I would have it changed. It's my understanding that the tire rotation direction really comes into play when the weather gets wet. Seems to me that I read having the tire in the wrong direction can effect the way it moves the water away from the tire.
That would be my guess.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back