free website stats program Rear tire Install question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear tire Install question

After making some phone calls it looks like the best option is to buy the tire for 154 bucks and they will mount and balance for 20. That's if I take the wheel in to them. Sounds pretty fair to me. What do you folks think?

After making some phone calls it looks like the best option is to buy the tire for 154 bucks and they will mount and balance for 20. That's if I take the wheel in to them. Sounds pretty fair to me. What do you folks think?

My indy charged me $ 199.65 --- that's taking the wheel off the bike,tire off the wheel,the price of a new Michelin tire , mounting & balancing and putting it back on. $ 151.00 for the tire, sales tax @ 5.725% on the cost of the tire plus $ 40 labor.

My indy charged me $ 199.65 --- that's taking the wheel off the bike,tire off the wheel,the price of a new Michelin tire , mounting & balancing and putting it back on. $ 151.00 for the tire, sales tax @ 5.725% on the cost of the tire plus $ 40 labor.

Was that for a Rear tire? If it was, that was a Super Great Deal..

Hoop!

Going rate around here is $30.00...mount & balance...you bring the tire & wheel in.
I mount & balance my own and just bought 2 tires from Jake Wilson. With discount coupon and free shipping the price was $256.00 (Dunlop 402's SWS) and the tires were on my doorstep in 31hours from the time I ordered them.
I was amazed!!!

Hoop, we cheated! We have a commercial tire changer. It's an older manual one, but it works good. We just recently try changing a RK with the wide white walls and we had a terrible time getting it on the rim. Finally took it to a local bike shop with a modern changer and they had no problems. The sidewalls were thicker and stiffer than a regular tubeless tire.

We have a commercial tire changer. It's an older manual one, but it works good. We just recently try changing a RK with the wide white walls and we had a terrible time getting it on the rim. Finally took it to a local bike shop with a modern changer and they had no problems. The sidewalls were thicker and stiffer than a regular tubeless tire.

What brand/manf./size of tire was you taking off and putting back on???

Lots of us have been using the "Dyna Beads" for years. No problems whatsoever. You pour 1 oz. in a M/C front tire and 2 oz. in a M/C back tire. Cost about $10.00.
Order them over the internet at many places. Just buy from whoever has the lowest price for shipping because all the beads are identical. I use them in the war departments car, 1 ton pickup and two motorcycles. The ride is smooth as silk till you wear out the tire. As the tire wears, it dynamically rebalances itself so you never have to rebalance after 10,000 miles or whatever. They are slick.

I went looking for some info on the Dyna Beads (Very interesting product) and bumped into this info about using Nitrogen in your tires. I always thought using Nitrogen was a bunch of Hype but after reading this I am tempted to try it. Any Opinions on using Nitrogen? Good or Bad?

Nitrogen Information and Advantages

Hoop!

Tire should have a (dot) on it near the rim edge. line that (dot) straight across from air valve stem and the tire will take little (if any) balancing. old school.

Last edited:
Back