free website stats program Rear tire clearance | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear tire clearance

j.lawson

Can anyone tell me about how much I can lower the rear of a 2008 ultra classic without the possibility of the tire rubbing? Tire is stock size.

By lowering suspension usually 1+ or minus. Are you using lowering shocks or the lowering brackets?
What are you trying to achieve by lowering rear and are you considering front?

Street Glides have the same frame and fenders. They come 1" lower F&R than Electra's, with no clearance issues. Much more than 1" may cause problems.

By lowering suspension usually 1+ or minus. Are you using lowering shocks or the lowering brackets?
What are you trying to achieve by lowering rear and are you considering front?
Just a little easier for a short legged guy like me and yes will do the front also but not until winter. I thought just brackets.

Most would ill advise on using brackets. The brackets change the position of shocks which may effect operation. Have you tried a logger type boot with a taller heel and sole or have cobbler look at your boots and resole and heel.

You may also check into after market seats, some on the market that get you a little closer to the ground.

Just a little easier for a short legged guy like me and yes will do the front also but not until winter. I thought just brackets.
I went through the same thoughts for the first year of owning a bigger bike. Never got around to it and now I'm completely comfortable. You may just need some miles, but, if you want to upgrade the seat anyway, look for a comfortable drop seat.

Back