free website stats program Rear tire advise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear tire advise

Bud, maybe your GPS is telling you to pick up the pace a bit...:lolrolling

Seriously, GPS is probably pretty accurate and most manufacturers try to have their speedos err on the high side to prevent their drivers from getting tickets while knowingly that it compensates slightly for tire wear as well. :33:

also rember that most gps devices are 1hz meaning the upadate 1 time a second which is ok if you check it agianst the speedo for a few minutes at a steady speed, but if you what to be more accurate go for a 5hz gps faster response time and more accurate as it is updating 5 time a second cheap units avaliable alot of place. We use alot of gps device were I work. If we want real accuracy we use some at 100hz and have a dgps base station. But that is going a bit far for the everyday driver!

I like the 5hz units to the pda phone via blue tooth works good and navigates threw maps as well.

Actually I never really pay any attention to it as I am out there to ride and enjoy it.

Ride far and ride hard live life to the fullest

Mike

I think they all (car and bike makers) fudge the speedo reading to be a couple mph slower than actual. Both my Ultra and 4runner both showed 2 mph slower going through radar. For some years (not sure which) HD put certified spedometers on their bikes. Wonder when and why they stopped?

Hello guys

Just had a Dunlop Elite 3 Series Rear tire installed on my 09 FLHTCU

The tire size was 180/60/-16 The OEM size calls for 180/65-16 Different tire tread design I hope the the different size in the rear will be OK I did notice that I can now plant my feet more comfortibly on the ground (29 inseam) at stops Seems to be about 3/8 difference in ride hieght

Any thoughts as the Elite 3 series does not come in the 180/65-16 size
Thanks
BuffaloBILL:33:

Since Dunlop only makes that size in a radial I guess that's what you've got. whatcha gonna put on the front?

TL

hey glider spartacus here again im about to need 2 new tires on my 2007 road king which do you recommend brand and size please.

Last edited:
I like the Dunlop tires myself, never had a problem with them and I replace with the size that was original equipment.

Back