free website stats program rear suspension air pump | Harley Davidson Forums

rear suspension air pump

jamesearl

thinking of getting an air pump,only see the valve to Fill/empty on one side of the bike.Does this one valve control both sides,or am I not looking hard enough? 2015 flhx

thinking of getting an air pump,only see the valve to Fill/empty on one side of the bike.Does this one valve control both sides,or am I not looking hard enough? 2015 flhx

Not sure about the late models but only one Shrader valve on the early models; right side. There is an arrangement of plastic lines that connect both shocks.

Rear air suspension has 1 schrader valve to fill both rear shocks, on my FLRT it is behind the RS cover, earl models (80-90s) had anti dive front forks with a valve in the handle bars, and or as in the FLT a valve along the RR side rail above the saddle bag lid

Yeah. Dolt has you covered above, but on my bike it is on the left.

Be careful if you are getting a pump not designed for this purpose (like the HD one). It takes very little air to bring the pressure up to the recommended settings. A bicycle tire pump or similar will easily put in too much air (and therefore pressure).

The biggest problem I have is with the location of the Schrader valve. It is behind the left side saddle bag (box) near the shock, and difficult to get at with the pump end to screw onto the valve. I think I will move that whole bit to a more accessible location (like under the Tour Pack) and replumb the plastic tubing.

Cheers,

TQ

Every bike I've seen to include mine the valve is located on the left side behind the saddle bag lid. I use the pump sold by Harley but I'm sure there's other versions out there as well.

Every bike I've seen to include mine the valve is located on the left side behind the saddle bag lid. I use the pump sold by Harley but I'm sure there's other versions out there as well.

2002 was the last year for the Schrader valve being located on the right side.

Make sure you get a pump with a gage and yes it's on the clutch side behind the saddlebag one valve does both side
WAP.gif

I started thinking about this when I read somewhere that the bikes come with no pressure in them.Just checked the load chart and 150 lbs.rider should have zero in it.150-200lbs.rider 0 to 10 in it.So being I'm a little sucker not much over 150,no tour pak or gear to speak of,zero is o.k. Still might want to check it out with 10-20 in it.What's the ride difference?

I started thinking about this when I read somewhere that the bikes come with no pressure in them.Just checked the load chart and 150 lbs.rider should have zero in it.150-200lbs.rider 0 to 10 in it.So being I'm a little sucker not much over 150,no tour pak or gear to speak of,zero is o.k. Still might want to check it out with 10-20 in it.What's the ride difference?

I run 10lbs in mine when riding alone but mine is a 05. Best thing is to try it without air then add a little and judge for yourself.:s

Back