free website stats program Rear stabilizer | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear stabilizer

Believe me it exists!! I have an 08 UC and at 80 to 85 mph into a curve she acts up. I have tried more acceleration and it continues to wobble. I just installed a quick release for the tour pack and dropped approx 20 pounds and there is no difference. I am going with the Progressive set up.

I just installed the Progressive link on my 08 UC and am very pleased with the results. Installation was straightforward, quality is excellent, and the bike's handling much improved. Kind of like adding a rear sway bar on a car that didn't already have one installed.

There are several options out there. I am using the Sta-Bo swing arm bushings and am happy with them. They basically eliminate the play in the swing arm caused by the rubber mounts.

The other option is a brace that links the engine to the frame and prevents lateral movement at the transmition case. This is what is often called alligning the motor with the drive train. This type of setup bolts to the oil pan which can cause cracking of the pan from what I have read. However these types of braces seem to be the most popular.

The bushing cost me $100 and the braces start at about $300.

The wobbles don't affect everyone, I experianced mine on high speed turns mostly when I hit the beginning of an off ramp on the interstate.

Back