free website stats program Rear Speakers will not work | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Speakers will not work

just picked up my new (used ride) 96 electra glide ultra classic...i am home
and going through all the controlls with the owners manual..and i can not get the rear speakers to work..the fairing speakers work fine...any clues before i go looking through the harnesses...thanks!!!:newsmile08:

just picked up my new (used ride) 96 electra glide ultra classic...i am home
and going through all the controlls with the owners manual..and i can not get the rear speakers to work..the fairing speakers work fine...any clues before i go looking through the harnesses...thanks!!!:newsmile08:

The obvious. You have the switch on the dash in the correct position, right?

If so, pull the rear speaker out of the rests and make sure both wire are plugged into the speakers. Check the condition of the speakers to make sure the cones aren't completely shot (torn completely around the magnets).

TQ

thanks...my switch is 2/pos...i can hear a low buzz in the rear speakers and the level
can be adjusted with the rear control.....thanks

thanks...but looking at my radio it does not have a fader control on it...but i can hear a buzz in the rear speakers that can be controled with the rear control..up or down..

Last edited by a moderator:
i called the dealer today,he is stumped,as all of his tech's are more up on the newer bikes,his boss's are all at the dealer show,and he says they are more familer with the older bikes..when they get back,he will quiz them...hope springs eternal..
but if anybody has anymore ideas PLEASE POST!!!!:)

Radio/cb/all speakers fixed!!!

HELLO ALL,
first i would like to say THANK YOU to everybody that posted helpfull
ideas for me to check and look for to help me get the rear speakers to work.
you will never guess what i found....under the seat in front of the battery
i found a male and female round 7-pin connector just like the ones for the headsets unpluged....why i do not know...but when i pluged them in ta-da!!
everything works......to everybody...THANKS AGAIN!!!!!:laugh

now i have a question...rear speaker grill covers..mine are nasty...are their
replacements and how do they come apart?:)

Re: Radio/cb/all speakers fixed!!!

HELLO ALL,
first i would like to say THANK YOU to everybody that posted helpfull
ideas for me to check and look for to help me get the rear speakers to work.
you will never guess what i found....under the seat in front of the battery
i found a male and female round 7-pin connector just like the ones for the headsets unpluged....why i do not know...but when i pluged them in ta-da!!
everything works......to everybody...THANKS AGAIN!!!!!:laugh

now i have a question...rear speaker grill covers..mine are nasty...are their
replacements and how do they come apart?:)

Great! Glad it was that easy.

Yes, you can replace the rear speaker covers. Mine are just held on with screws. Same ones that secure the speakers, I think.

TQ

Back