free website stats program Rear Signals as running lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Signals as running lights

mnkymn1

Just a quick question..I have dual filament signals in the rear( black, purple, blue)...I just added the brake adapter form harley to make my signals also double as brake lights, but want to have them as running lights also. But I cannot seem to find where to use my blue wires. Inside the brake housing is the connectors for the signals, but, alas, they are only the purple and black. Where do I connect the blue? I have an 07 night train , btw.

I'm sure i could figure this out on my own, but i might as well ask..never hurts..haha

I bought the kit from HD for my RK and it was plug and play and works like a charm. Now I have running lights, stop lights, and turn signals from the stock lamps. Just swapped the red for the amber lenses.

My 2c worth... I don't have a Night Train, but would be surprised if the bike came w/dual filiment bulbs in the rear, Maybe someone installed the wrong bulbs in the past, otherwise why would HD sell the conversion kit to make running/Brake lights for the back. Look in the socket itself to see if there are two pins or one. I didn't understand where you were seeing Black, Blue, Purple wires... If it's before the socket it's ... Black=Ground, Blue=one side turn signal, Purple= other side turn signal.

I bought the kit from HD for my RK and it was plug and play and works like a charm. Now I have running lights, stop lights, and turn signals from the stock lamps. Just swapped the red for the amber lenses.

I got the same kit from HD for my 2009 FLSTC and it was easy to install and have the same results that larryjmiller got. Part Number 69462-06A

Good call improving the safety lighting out back. I don't use that exact kit, however, I have had fellow motocyclists who pull up and have commented they liked the easily seen red running and signal and LED brake lights out back.

Thanks guys, i figured it out...I installed dual filament lighting in the back. I already knew that, haha. I knew i would have to figure out where to run the blue wires. There happens to be an open slot in my taillight plug and it works like a charm there. Thanks guys!

Back