free website stats program Rear shocks | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear shocks

I've never found a problem with any of the Dunlop 402's I've mounted (3 sets now) on my wife's 06 Deluxe or the stock original rear Dunlop 407 on my 09 Streetglide as it now has over 17k and looks to get another 2k easily.
:33:

They wear great...but leave a lot on the table when it comes to handling...If longevity is what you want they will give it to ya...handeling...thats another story...if you ever try a set of E3s,Avons or Metzlers you would never go back!...ask anyone that has made the switch away from the HD Dunlops.

I have an 09 Ultra and usually run the rear shocks at 45 to 47 psi with 2 up. If we are traveling with bags full I just set it at 50. But at those pressures the suspension is a little hard for 1 up riding. Experiment and remember that you are working with a limited 3 inches of travel. Check the accuracy and repeatability of your tire gauge, a little pressure can make a rough ride.

I tried the Progressive 412 Standards and they were no better than the Low Profile harley air shocks. They both were very rough. What to do???

Back