free website stats program Rear Shocks Leaking on my trike | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Shocks Leaking on my trike

J

Jack Klarich

I took my trike in today to schedule an appointment to change the rear shocks, the RR is leaking oil so bad the boot looks like a bloated goat. The service writer asked me if I was sure it was not brake flui as he stomped on the rear brake several times and wiggled the rear master cylinder. BHAAAA, I told him to run his finger on the bottom of the RR shock and smell it. He set the appointment for Saturday morning, I asked him to check stock, he said there were TOO many variables, I said here is the part number. Also my air cleaner bolt sheared the head off, like the bolt was 2 pieces, he said yeah, what do you want me to do, I replied I want a new one under warranty. We will see Saturday how they handle this one.

Jeez omg. Man it's pretty bad when you have to tell the service guys whats wrong with your bike. Well at least they know what you need now. Still wouldn't be surprised if on Sat. they said they had to order something. Good luck Jack!

Harley's trained professional at his finest. No wonder why so many hate the dealers. Jack is this the same place that replaced the engine in the Bob??????

Sounds like the service writer is a really helpful guy :confused:
Ok I can be a wee bit sarcastic at times luckily I do not have a dealer anywhere near my part of the country and older bikes so I don't have to put up with people like that
I do however have to deal with myself and I can at times be very difficult to deal with
I am sure with your knowledge and experience Jack that eventually your issues will get sorted

Brian

Harley's trained professional at his finest. No wonder why so many hate the dealers. Jack is this the same place that replaced the engine in the Bob??????
Yup, but my service writer got transferred to a less productive store, They own 3 stores here in Jax He was a master tech for 20 years and took good care of me, we were on a first name basis, I dunno where they find these new guys, but then again I remember a time when I was young and a rookie too

Big difference between being young and a rookie and being young, a rookie and clueless. When you were a rookie, Jack, did you ever look at a bolt broken in two pieces and wonder what the customer would want you to do?:confused:

The problem with the rookies today most do not have common sense or proper customer assistance ability.
Hence the attitude. Dealers roll the dice and just end up with a needed body.

Big difference between being young and a rookie and being young, a rookie and clueless. When you were a rookie, Jack, did you ever look at a bolt broken in two pieces and wonder what the customer would want you to do?:confused:

The problem with the rookies today most do not have common sense or proper customer assistance ability.
Hence the attitude. Dealers roll the dice and just end up with a needed body.
I would want to know cause and affect on the broken bolt, the only way to learn IMO intruding minds want to know :cool:

I did some research, the only stock part number for ALL Freewheelers listed is 83480-99, I am thinking 1 he was not versed in how to check this number or 2 maybe HD has an upgrade they want me to try at MY expense HMMMMMMMM
The Tri Glide Trike is the same part number also
HD14FLHTCUTG038.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back