free website stats program Rear shocks adjusted to far out? | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear shocks adjusted to far out?

rdoss

It seems that I may have adjusted my shocks to far out. They will not hold in place and don't appear to work at all. Any suggestions on where I should go from here? Besides to the nearest bar for a stiff drink...which is not sounding like a bad idea! Ugh!

Whet you say "too far out" what do you mean, or what did you do to make them function this way???

I think I spun the pre-load adjuster out to far. Adjuster plate popped out past the snap ring. What do I need to do to "reset" the shock to factory setting? Thanks for responding to my question...this is about to run me crazy!

It seems that I may have adjusted my shocks to far out. They will not hold in place and don't appear to work at all. Any suggestions on where I should go from here? Besides to the nearest bar for a stiff drink...which is not sounding like a bad idea! Ugh!

Harley Davidson Community Start over again after reading here?

Be sure you have both adjusted to the same amount of preload or the handling will be a bit shakey, ie, same number of turns on adjuster plate or threads showing.

Back