free website stats program Rear shock question | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear shock question

shrtbsrider

I have a friend with an 07 Ultra and he is having issue with his rear shocks. They rebound extremely slow. There doesn't appear to be any oil leakage and they do maintain air pressure, using the HD pump. Just wondering if anyone else has had of heard of this situation, or if anyone may have some suggestions of things to try. I read on another post that the torque on the swing arm could be the issue however, I don't know if he has ever done any work on his swing arm. But I will be sure to ask him this evening.

I have a friend with an 07 Ultra and he is having issue with his rear shocks. They rebound extremely slow. There doesn't appear to be any oil leakage and they do maintain air pressure, using the HD pump. Just wondering if anyone else has had of heard of this situation, or if anyone may have some suggestions of things to try. I read on another post that the torque on the swing arm could be the issue however, I don't know if he has ever done any work on his swing arm. But I will be sure to ask him this evening.

Jack it up and take loose the shock to swing arm would see IF it is tight...

Thinking You may have the Answer right there.

I would ask IF he has changed out the oil to a different one,,,, OR has it Not been touched?

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Bubbie, when I spoke with him last night he mentioned the oil but I'm pretty sure he hasn't messed with it yet. I'll still quiz him to verify that.

Back