free website stats program rear shock Air pressure ? | Harley Davidson Forums

rear shock Air pressure ?

06rdking

Banned
what kind of air pressure are you guys useing when going 2up , loaded for the week with a tourpak? do you run that pressure all the time or change it accordingly?

what kind of air pressure are you guys useing when going 2up , loaded for the week with a tourpak? do you run that pressure all the time or change it accordingly?

Check your Owner's Manual. My '03 UC calls for 25-30psi for two up (35 max.). So the years/models have different specs. When riding solo, I let all the air out of the shocks. Probably could go with about 10 psi for solo, but don't.

TQ

I ride 10 when solo and 40 to 45 with wife and/or tour pak.
Try to follow owner's manual when all the weight is known, but the main thing is the 40 lbs. in the rear tire.

Very good information. just bought a 05 RKP, so something i will be double checking for sure. the original owner is a lot larger than me.

I run 8lbs when solo , the stiffer ride seems to improve the handling in the curves IMO , riding 2 up with tour luggage I run around 25lbs and everything feels good . I like to keep a little air in the shocks at all times it just seems that 2 or 3 lbs of air minimum would be better for the shocks then no air at all IMO . You don't need allot of air in the shocks when solo because the riders weight is more centered on the bike so the load is more evenly distributed . I have the touring suspension air pump HD part #54630-03A ($49.95) and it is a great investment IMO , I carry it on the bike all the time so I can make a adjustment whenever needed .

thanks guys I have an owners manual but was wanting to see what was working for others. with me 225 lbs and my wife(105 lbs) and quick detach tour pack I am having a slow speed wobble. running 25lbs of air in the shocks, just trying to find out why. thanks agian.

Back