free website stats program Rear Rocker Box Leak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Rocker Box Leak

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here, if they we're properly torqued during assembly heating and cooling of the engine should not affect the torque value.

I've been around engines all my life and never heard of such a thing. My money's on they were never torqued properly and other scoots on the same assembly line are having the same issue.

Brian's right, they should have replaced the gasket.
That why my comment was what it was. If improper torqueing was the case then all the rocker box bolts would have been loose. The dealer representative and all his infinite wisdom surprises me that was his best guess in telling the story and trying to have a well seasoned mechanic believe his line.o_O

When the dealer can correct problem by making a adjustment and no part is needed, then dealer does not have to file a warranty claim which raises dealer collecting more warranty dollars from H.D. which is a bad thing. How I know is, as a Ex. H.D. service advisor the dealer is put in a position to spend as little as possible of H.D. money.
Paper work showed warranty @ 1 hour labor

Back