free website stats program Rear plaque on tour pack | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear plaque on tour pack

wannaride

Lost the plaque that goes between the lights on the TP so am doing some experimenting. Here are some pics so far.

100_0850.jpg

This is what I want to put on there. I am not sure if I am going to use the plastic panel that the first one is made of, but I thought 2.00 for the plastic to see how it would go is better than the 30.00 for thicker Lexan. & since I need a piece of Lexan for another project, getting a little extra at that time might be better.

100_0849.jpg

Toby

looks good. it will make your bike one of a kind. if you want it to look back to stock try ebay or craigslist. they sell lots of stuff on there.

That's just it, I don't want it to look stock. Kinda funny that way. Besides that, I have looked on e bay & craigslist & have found non. Found the whole light bar assy. I think it is going to go the way I am planning on, so I can't wait til I get it all done.

Toby

Did this on my 09 Ultra. I am currently working on and LED light assembly to fit in this spot. Have one prototype out for test right now. It will be a brake and run light and very bright like the CVO light bar.

Attachments

• harley 2 001.jpg
    harley 2 001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 75
Did this on my 09 Ultra. I am currently working on and LED light assembly to fit in this spot. Have one prototype out for test right now. It will be a brake and run light and very bright like the CVO light bar.

Looks great, how did you do it? are you doing more of them? I want the "LIVE TO RIDE RIDE TO LIVE" on mine. If you are making them, how much? I also thought of having it be illuminated but did not think of doing a brake light also.

Toby

I made the plaque out of some 1/8" black plastic I had around, just removed the HD one and used it as a template. The lettering came from and out fit in Houston that dose vinyl decals. I placed the decal on the plastic, and then sprayed it with clear enamel before using double sided tape to mount it. Had it on the Ultra for 40,000 miles, and it still looks just like it did when I put it in. The light I am working on will be just a light, but I guess you could over lay it with a decal if you wanted both.

i used a piece of reflective red for signs to fill the space. then i made some bar and shield outline and cut them out of black reflective tape. used 3 of them. turned out pretty nice. 01rkp

How about some pics glimmerman? I used 1/8 in plastic but was thinking it might be to brittle, so was thinking of a thicker peace of Lexan since I need a piece for another project. Thanks for some great ideas.

Toby

Back