free website stats program Rear light bar loose | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear light bar loose

The fasteners that secure the light bar are not square; hex headed 5/16" bolt. Are you sure you are touching the right fastener while moving the light bar? The light bar fastener will move with the light bar if the light bar is loose. There is no rubber grommet associated with the light bar and the fasteners.

dolt got it all but done...:newsmile100:

The rubber grommet is on the hole the wires come thru the fender...

EXACTLY....On my 09 King, the same thing... Feel the correct bolt to tighten... I did mine on the bike without the tire off... I would not bother with any lock-tight UNLESS you have the tire off... Too Tight there...:nosad

I tightened mine and never had a problem since... Many others I have heard about having to tighten them up also...

Hmmmmmm ? maybe they ALL do that...

signed....BUBBIE

All, thanks so much for all your help. I went home last nite and actually was able to get a box end wrench on the bolt and tighten them both. Only moved maybe 1/2 turn or less and both are tite and the light bar is tite too. No rattles! thanks

Used a 1/2" box end wrench that had a little offset that helped clear the inside of the fender to turn -- worked like a charm!

Thanks again! (wondering what my next question will be)
Bill

Have the same problem on my 09 occasionally. You have to lay on the ground and get your hand and open end wrench up inside the rear fender to reach the nuts. Not easy but can be done.

Thanks - I did just that and it worked fine - I actually had plenty of room to work -- thanks again

Bill

dolt got it all but done...:newsmile100:

Hmmmmmm ? maybe they ALL do that...

signed....BUBBIE

yeah - dont worry about it -- that's normal.

BTW - I had HD install new handle bars - Heritage style - on my RK and I really like them. Still not sure what to do about my seat. Thanks for your reply here.

Bill

Back